Sunday 30 June 2019

How drinking too much water can affect your weight loss

please contact me at ann@annparker.co.uk

I recently joined a few weight loss groups and I was amazed to see one lady had drunk 5 litres of water and wondered why she couldnt lose weight.  I have felt for a long time that the advice to drink over two litres a day of water is wrong and can hurt your kidneys/bladder and can wash out important minerals that you need - this is what happens sometimes when people die running a marathon.  There is now a lot of research on the internet to say that drinking this amount of water is not good so check on it.  Remember that advice sometimes becomes the normal and it is not for everybody - like smoothies are good for you - they can be fattening, rot your teeth and raise your blood sugar!  Somebody recently admitted that the 10,000 steps rule was made up and there is no evidence to say that 10,000 steps will help anybody lose weight or become fit!  Obviously better to do them than not do them! People 50 years ago didnt drink all this water and they were ok!  You get water from other things you drink and from veg and fruit.  Obviously if you are in a hot country you need more water but there is no need to drink litres.

Women suffer with hormonal water retention and other people suffer with water retention for a variety of reasons - I speak from experience here because the water goes inbetween my cells not in them so I have always had water retention.  So I have found that if I have too much to drink it sinks to my ankles and I swell up - not only do I not lose weight but the water doesnt come off.  Also the advice to drink more to flush your water retention out is not right either - especially if you have a problem!  If I drink water to flush out swelling from flying it gets worse!  Also if the water doesnt come off in 36 hours it can turn to fat and make you flabby.

If you have an underactive thyroid you will also suffer from water retention so drinking too much will make this worse.  Excess water will also stop you losing the weight that you have lost so it is undoing all of your good work - this is all backed up by science.  It is not just me talking but I have had over 60 years of experience of this!!

Also if you drink the water quickly it will just go straight through you so it will overwork your kidneys and bladder. So make sure that any water you drink you drink slowly and sip.  It is a good idea to drink a glass of water, half an hour before you eat, slowly and this will fill you up and you will eat less.  Drink when you are thirsty.  In my book, Unlock your maximum weight loss potential, I teach you how to use a system to test for yes and no answers - this would tell you how much you needed to drink a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment